What Does It Mean to Be Agile?
- Our highest priority is to satisfy the customer through early and continuous delivery of valuable software.
- Working software is the primary measure of progress.
- Deliver working software frequently, from a couple of weeks to a couple of months, with a preference to the shorter timescale.
- Build projects around motivated individuals. Give them the environment and support they need, and trust them to get the job done.
- At regular intervals, the team reflects on how to become more effective, then tunes and adjusts its behavior accordingly.
The survey also asked which practices where essential for a team to be considered agile. The top five were:
- Short iterations (30 days or less)
- Continuous integration
- “Done” criteria
- Automated tests are run with each build
- Automated unit testing
She is doing a follow-up survey about the agile principles. You can take that survey online. I will share the results here when they are available
(Note: Opinions expressed in this article and its replies are the opinions of their respective authors and not those of DZone, Inc.)